We are the software author for Gold-Vision CRM and have experienced strong growth in recent years. We work with a wide range of organisations across the UK, Europe and North America. Our growing Gold-Vision
customer base ranges from small emerging businesses, to major plc’s, across the commercial and non-profit sectors. We are looking for Placement Students to work with us to continue this expansion.
We offer an innovative CRM solution that can be either hosted or on-site and are growing our CRM and marketing tools to add value to our existing software. Within the Development area, we have sub teams in core, bespoke and integration who work closely. There is excellent potential for individuals to develop their career in our growing team and gain a wide range of experience with us.
Through increased demand for software development, we are looking to recruit an additional Software Developer to work as part of our development team. Esteiro Business Solutions are an established company and the software authors of Gold-Vision, an innovative CRM solution.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong web development skills especially in React or equivalent web-based technology. Candidates will have a degree in a relevant subject ideally with one to three year’s professional software development experience.
Experience working in an agile or rapid development environment is highly desirable. You should be able to work independently and take ownership of solution delivery whilst remaining a team player. You must be a self-motivated individual with good communication skills and be well-organised. Strong communication skills are essential, and any existing customer-facing experience is highly desirable.
This exciting role offers an excellent opportunity for a technical professional to develop their career with a forward thinking and innovative business. In return you will receive a competitive salary package and the opportunities for career progression with our growing business are superb.
Job title: Software Developer – Web/React
Objective: Working as part of the Technical Development team on core product.
Responsible to: Head of Technical Development/Development Team Leaders
Hours: Normal office hours: 09.00-17.30 (37.5 hours/week)
Employment type: Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
Salary: Competitive Salary depending on relevant experience and qualifications
Location: Based from Esteiro Offices in West Haddon, Northamptonshire (use of own transport essential due to office location)
To undertake software development work in one or more of the following areas.
Core Product Development
Scope, design and create bespoke customer software designed to complement the core product set. These are typically web-based portals or service integrations.
Technologies and Frameworks
Development to be performed predominantly using the following technologies and frameworks.
- HTML 5/CSS 3/SCSS
- JS (ES5/JQuery/ES6/TypeScript)
- .Net Framework/.Net Core including MVC and Web API (beneficial)
- Perform research and learn new technologies and/or techniques when required.
- Work closely with implementation, support and sales & marketing teams.
- To submit work reports and timesheets as required following provision of professional services to clients or internal development.
- To use and submit source code into the source control systems.
- To undertake other duties which fall within the scope of the post as determined by the Board of Directors.
- To undertake training as required.
- To assist with software maintenance and support:
- Fix bugs and perform maintenance on existing software.
- Provide developer-support for software where required.
- Assist with knowledge transfer to training, implementation and support teams.
Education & Experience
The following education and experience is desirable:
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Web Design or similar at 2:1 or above.
- One to three years professional software development or web application experience.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to demonstrate this is key. Any experience of customer-facing communication is highly desirable.
The following are also required of the ideal candicate:
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop relevant skills
- Be able to work as a team player and have a “can-do” attitude
- Be able to work flexible hours on occasion if required
- Have a strong ability to problem solve and troubleshoot independently
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Own car, full driving licence, willing to travel
- Ability to perform developer-support to both internal users and customers
- An independent thinker that possesses creative flair
- Able to take creative direction from the business and external input